Follow this link to the 2018 Order Form
We grow a small number of pigs on pasture here at the farm. We use a movable hutch and fencing so that they always have dry bedding and new pasture to eat and root around in. Our pigs forage is supplemented with pelleted organic feed to make sure they have all the nutrition they need.
As is always true in farming, nothing is ever uniform or consistent. Because of all the variables involved, it’s impossible to say what the exact weight of a pork share will be. A typical pork share contains:
- 2 lb. of sweet Italian sausage
- 2 lb. of breakfast sausage
- 8 lb. of 1″ thick pork loin chops (2 chops per package)
- 11 lb. smoked ham
- 4 lb. fresh shoulder roast
- 3 lb. of fresh pork belly
For many (like me), this may be little more than a “tasting.” For these folk you may want to consider buying multiple shares.
If that still doesn’t do it for you, you may want to consider a “pork side”, or just go “whole hog.” If you choose the side or whole hog option the share will include all the cuts from the animal. So, in addition to the cuts above, you’ll get things like butt roasts, country style ribs, spare ribs, heart, tongue, jowls, fat back, and hocks. With these options you’ll have more flexibility in getting things like fresh vs smoked hams, bacon vs pork belly, etc.
For rough figuring expect to get between 90 and 110 lbs. of packaged product from a pork side and 180 to 220 lb. from a whole hog. Pricing will be:
- Pork Share – $10.00/lb., for about 30 lbs., with a $150 non-refundable deposit
- Pork Side – $9.50/lb., for about 100 lbs., with a $450 non-refundable deposit
- Whole Hog – $9.00/lb., for about 200 lbs, with a $900 non-refundable deposit
Follow this link for the pork share 2018 Order Form